McKeesport police seek stabbing suspect
McKeesport police are searching for a man whom they suspect stabbed two people Monday night at a residence in the 2400 block of Cleveland Street.
Police accuse Markese Reese, 18, of McKeesport of slashing a man's arm and inflicting a puncture wound in a woman's hand at about 11:19 p.m. Neither injury is considered life-threatening, according to police.
Reese is described as black, 6 feet 4 inches tall and 200 pounds. Police say he entered the home while several people were visiting. He allegedly exchanged words with some of the visitors then entered the kitchen where he grabbed two knives.
Police Capt. Tim Hanna said the suspect began waving the knives at those in the home. The male victim was stabbed while trying to stop the suspect and the female was stabbed shortly after.
Police said the suspect threw one of the knives in the kitchen sink before fleeing the home. A police dog located the second knife outside in a yard.
Hanna said Reese is wanted on several other outstanding warrants.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at 412-675-5015.
Eric Slagle is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1966, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hunting creates strong bonds, traditions
- McKeesport’s Minerva’s Bakery to be featured on Sebak’s documentary
- Sentencing delayed for Operation Pork Chop mastermind
- Unexected snow squalls bring icy conditions, accidents in West Mifflin
- For some Pennsylvania candidates, 2015 is already here
- Elizabeth council honors actions of 2 emergency responders
- Demolition approaches for former West Mifflin school
- Century III Mall’s Sears on track to close Dec. 7
- Parade to start off Winterfest in Glassport
- Casey supports food donation tax break extension
- Braddock agency is a lifeline for commuters