Man remains hospitalized in weekend accident
A Castle Shannon man remains in serious condition at Allegheny General Hospital from a weekend accident along Route 51 in Elizabeth Township.
According to police, 31-year-old Jeremy Dentler lost control of his black Chevrolet pickup truck at about 4:12 p.m. on Sunday near KC Trucking. The vehicle rolled several times before coming to rest on its roof.
Witnesses told police the driver was not speeding but had been swerving for several miles before crashing.
Dentler was flown by emergency medical helicopter from Rostraver Airport to the Pittsburgh hospital.
Elizabeth Township police said Dentler was conscious when emergency crews arrived but later lost consciousness.
Police said it is unclear if he was wearing a seat belt.
Eric Slagle is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1966, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Suspect in Glassport man’s shooting death put on house arrest
- After 27 years, Clairton emerges from state ‘financially distressed’ status
- Elizabeth council OKs Act 537 resolution for municipal authority
- ‘Beauty and the Beast Jr.’ casts spell at Grand Theatre in Elizabeth
- South Allegheny school board rules out tax referendum
- McKeesport Area could bring back Air Force Junior ROTC program
- Elizabeth mayor hails police department’s role in ‘major’ heroin bust in Clairton
- North Versailles’ Dance Company’s ‘Nutcracker’ expands with bonus program for students
- Clairton City School District wins award for its anti-hunger efforts
- Salvation Army kettle drive about to kick into high gear in Western Pennsylvania
- Levin Furniture to close Century Square store in West Mifflin