Man remains hospitalized in weekend accident
A Castle Shannon man remains in serious condition at Allegheny General Hospital from a weekend accident along Route 51 in Elizabeth Township.
According to police, 31-year-old Jeremy Dentler lost control of his black Chevrolet pickup truck at about 4:12 p.m. on Sunday near KC Trucking. The vehicle rolled several times before coming to rest on its roof.
Witnesses told police the driver was not speeding but had been swerving for several miles before crashing.
Dentler was flown by emergency medical helicopter from Rostraver Airport to the Pittsburgh hospital.
Elizabeth Township police said Dentler was conscious when emergency crews arrived but later lost consciousness.
Police said it is unclear if he was wearing a seat belt.
Eric Slagle is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1966, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- White Oak moves forward on community center
- Liberty hires 2 part-time police officers, honors another
- McKeesport Area first-grader brings toy gun on school bus
- County investigators determine fatal McKeesport fire started in living room
- Pitt students clean up Mon Valley neighborhoods for annual service day
- North Versailles Township commissioner opposes closing Green Valley Primary School
- ReClaim McKeesport ambassadors transform vacant lot
- Chinese opera troupe performs at Penn State Greater Allegheny
- Indonesian visitors explore learning methods at Steel Valley
- Duquesne, county housing authority OK Orchard Park development
- McKeesport babies, mom OK after home birth