Driver tells police he was asleep when accident occurred
White Oak police said the driver of a Cadillac Escalade told officers he was asleep at the wheel on Friday when his vehicle sheared a pole and snapped a tree along the 200 block of Cool Springs Road.
The accident occurred at 4:48 p.m.
Police said the driver reported he was on his way home from work when he fell asleep and woke up with a tree on his SUV.
The tree was removed, showing the Escalade had moderate front end damage.
It came to a stop in a yard and partially on a driveway. No homes were damaged.
Duquesne Light crews fixed power lines and replaced the pole. Service was not disrupted and no one was injured.
Police said the incident was deemed an accident and no charges are expected to be filed against the driver.
Michael DiVittorio is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1965, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- West Mifflin Area to celebrate newest graduate’s life, legacy
- McKeesport, school district shore up safety at dangerous intersection
- Casey calling for Medicare Part B freeze
- Clairton man arrested on drug, weapon charges
- Mon River Fleet honors 2015 Women of Achievement
- Homestead residents to get emergency alerts from borough in 2016
- Sewer system lease could dissolve McKeesport’s municipal authority
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Pittsburgh to rehab East McKeesport home
- Dictionary distribution gives Forward 3rd-graders taste of old school
- McKeesport councilman denies candidate’s claim
- ‘Coffee With a Cop’ takes stress out of police relations with Elizabeth Township residents