East Allegheny School District ready to OK new beverage provider
East Allegheny school board is set to approve an agreement with Nutrition Inc. as the district's new beverage provider.
School directors discussed the proposal at Tuesday's workshop meeting for formal adoption at Monday's regular session.
School director Roxanne Sakoian Eichler lauded the company and administration for quick responses to her questions about the length of the contract and the cost of coolers.
Because the contract has no expiration date, the district can opt out at any time.
Cost of a single-door upright cooler is about $2,000 for concession stands maintained by booster groups, and about $3,000 for a double-door upright.
Nutrition Inc. partners with Pepsi, but the agreement does not obligate boosters to purchase products through the company.
PepsiCo will furnish the equipment and the district must use its products predominantly. All vending machines must have at least Pepsi, Diet Pepsi and Mt. Dew among the seven options.
The machines will be in school cafeterias and faculty lounges. The district will set the prices.
Solicitor Dan Beisler said East Allegheny's long-standing contract with Coca-Cola Co. expired at the end of last school year.
The district has notified Coca-Cola of the pending change.
Business manager Toni Valicenti said Coke did not submit a proposal when the contract was put out for bid.
Valicenti said the board prefers Nutrition Inc. because of better pricing and product flexibility, and because the district receives all sales revenues, not commission only.
There is a $500 setup and training fee. Total cost of the agreement was not available.
School directors are considering selling property along Ault Street in North Versailles Township to Daryl Dukic for a minimum bid of $250.
The board adjourned the workshop for an executive session. Personnel moves on the agenda included hiring seventh-grade English teacher Samantha Koch and eighth-grade reading teacher Cristina Meinert.
Michael DiVittorio is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1965, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Duquesne man who took plea deal jailed on assault, other charges
- Clairton school district draws from savings to balance budget
- McKeesport man held for court in BB gun incident
- Projects to impact McKeesport motorists
- Brewster picked for Smith’s seat on Senate Appropriations Committee
- Economy growing along region’s trails
- Motorists, municipalities brace for Mifflin Road closing
- McKeesport school board hikes millage in new budget
- Elizabeth volunteer firefighters achieve certifications
- Fire destroys McKeesport garage
- 2 officers join Elizabeth force