East McKeesport man dies in 2-vehicle Lincoln crash
An East McKeesport man has succumbed to injuries sustained in an accident in Lincoln.
Borough police said the two-vehicle crash involving a motorcycle and a van occurred on Monday afternoon at 2:40 near the intersection of Lincoln Boulevard and Bellbridge Road.
Eric Bauer, 23, of East McKeesport was operating the motorcycle, according to reports. Two people were in the van.
Police said Bauer was transported via medical helicopter to Allegheny General Hospital, and the driver of the van was taken by ambulance to Jefferson Regional Medical Center.
No other injuries were reported. The condition of the van driver was unavailable.
Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office officials said that Bauer was pronounced dead at the hospital on Tuesday at 5:16 a.m. Cause and manner of death are pending.
County police are investigating. Elizabeth, Glassport and Liberty police and Clairton and Elizabeth Township EMS responded.
Michael DiVittorio is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1965, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Weather helps advance work on Forward roads
- Santa’s visit to North Versailles hardware store marks milestone on Small Business Saturday
- Renzie Park gets more local sales tax revenue in $96.9M Regional Asset District budget
- Fire breaks out for 3rd time in abandoned McKeesport house
- Whitaker explores options with other boroughs for police services
- North Versailles’ Dance Company’s ‘Nutcracker’ expands with bonus program for students
- Clairton City School District wins award for its anti-hunger efforts
- Salvation Army kettle drive about to kick into high gear in Western Pennsylvania
- Model train exhibit raises funds for McKeesport club
- Elizabeth mayor hails police department’s role in ‘major’ heroin bust in Clairton
- McKeesport Area discusses easier access of public documents