East McKeesport man dies in 2-vehicle Lincoln crash
An East McKeesport man has succumbed to injuries sustained in an accident in Lincoln.
Borough police said the two-vehicle crash involving a motorcycle and a van occurred on Monday afternoon at 2:40 near the intersection of Lincoln Boulevard and Bellbridge Road.
Eric Bauer, 23, of East McKeesport was operating the motorcycle, according to reports. Two people were in the van.
Police said Bauer was transported via medical helicopter to Allegheny General Hospital, and the driver of the van was taken by ambulance to Jefferson Regional Medical Center.
No other injuries were reported. The condition of the van driver was unavailable.
Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office officials said that Bauer was pronounced dead at the hospital on Tuesday at 5:16 a.m. Cause and manner of death are pending.
County police are investigating. Elizabeth, Glassport and Liberty police and Clairton and Elizabeth Township EMS responded.
Michael DiVittorio is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1965, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steel Valley students to see plenty of changes this year
- McKeesport Rib Festival wraps up with Monday concert, fireworks show
- McKeesport Area, South Allegheny districts upgrade school security
- East Allegheny teachers maintain strike plans
- East Allegheny officials confirm strike, notify parents
- West Mifflin store sells winning lottery ticket worth $4.3 million
- Ex-Steel Valley youth coach arrested for drugs
- 2 held for arraignments in Munhall gun case
- McKeesport Area teacher fired amid sex scandal returns to school
- Sex offender held for court in address registration case
- Additional negotiating session fails to resolve threatened East Allegheny strike