Duo caught on Forward Township video; may be linked to other break-ins
Forward Township police are looking for suspects in a series of recent break-ins.
Chief Mark Holtzman said the most recent occurred earlier this week at a house along Bunola River Road — and apparently was caught on the homeowner's cameras.
“The police department is trying to identify the suspects,” Holtzman said.
Holtzman said the latest burglary occurred shortly after the cameras were installed. He said items taken in recent heists have included yard equipment and tools.
The Forward chief asked anyone with information to call his department at 412-384-2134.
Recent burglaries have been brought to the attention of township supervisors, including a complaint at last month's board meeting.
There Holtzman said an arrest was made in that case. He also offered advice for residents planning a trip.
“Please contact us because we will do a house check for you,” he said.
Patrick Cloonan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1967, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- White Oak Holocaust survivor continues to share tragic story
- Teen’s family turns tragedy into lesson for McKeesport students
- County investigators determine fatal McKeesport fire started in living room
- Arbitration hearing between animal shelter, Youghiogheny Country Club delayed
- Ramp dedicated to slain McKeesport officer’s memory
- White Oak moves forward on community center
- McKeesport Area first-grader brings toy gun on school bus
- Liberty hires 2 part-time police officers, honors another
- Owners hope carousel will bring fresh audience to Century III Mall
- Pitt students clean up Mon Valley neighborhoods for annual service day
- Indonesian visitors explore learning methods at Steel Valley