Elizabeth Forward awaits fact-finding report
Elizabeth Forward School District and its teachers await a Pennsylvania Labor Relations Board fact-finder's report expected by Sept. 27.
“There will be an executive session on (Tuesday) with myself, the district's solicitor Pat McGrail, and the fact-finder Jane Minnich,” Pennsylvania State Education Association UniServ representative Christine Cortazzo said.
Cortazzo is involved in the bargaining on behalf of Elizabeth Forward Education Association, the district's teachers union.
McGrail said after Wednesday's school board meeting that the report has to be issued no later than Sept. 30.
A five-year contract between the district and EFEA expired on Aug. 31. Classes are going on with teachers continuing to work under terms of that contract.
The board made quick work of personnel and other issues at its meeting, approving:
• New salary levels for teachers Kathleen Vasko, Christopher Weibl and Vicki Phelps.
• Joseph Scheller as high school stage crew sponsor and musical conductor, Renee Kinavey as 10th-grade class sponsor and Carole Sarber as middle school spelling bee sponsor.
• A change in the salary for green team sponsor Katelyn Doyle to $849 for the 2013-14 school year.
• Pending receipt of necessary clearances, Sean Browne as a substitute physics teacher.
• Pending a physical, Mark Padezan as a substitute custodian.
• Drs. Edwin M. Davis and William L. Benedetti to serve as school dentists at a rate of $2 per student.
• Athletic ticket prices and salaries for officials and workers for 2013-14.
“There is no increase in the ticket prices,” board athletic chairperson Michael O'Rourke said.
• The school bus drivers list for 2013-14.
The board accepted resignations from high school mock trials sponsor Jennifer Spiegel and middle school activities director Nancy Rowe.
Patrick Cloonan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1967, or firstname.lastname@example.org.