Annual kickball tourney benefits McKeesport charities
McKeesport firefighters raised nearly $6,000 Saturday at their third annual kickball tournament to benefit local charites.
Proceeds of this year's event will benefit the Joey-O Foundation for Autism Awareness, which was formed by the Osinski family to fund programs that serve individuals with special needs, and Friends of Diana, which focuses on lung cancer awareness and supports Diana Perciavalle in her battle with the disease.
Weather turned the tournament into a single-elimination event, with McKeesport firefighters taking home the title after defeating the Municipal Authority of the City of McKeesport's Sewer Rats in the championship game. Other teams were Magisterial District Judge Armand A. Martin's Court Jesters, Friends of Diana's Di-Monds, McKeesport Ambulance Rescue Service, McKeesport Police and the Fire Department of North Versailles.
“I want to thank everyone for coming out in the conditions we had today,” McKeesport fire Capt. Jeff List said, referencing steady rains that turned Long and Schettino fields into pools of mud at Renziehausen Park. “I hope everyone had a good time. We raised a lot of money for two great causes.”
Jennifer R. Vertullo is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1956, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Homestead to celebrate one of its own at jazz festival
- Flexible-use building in the works for Duquesne
- East Allegheny teachers to hit the picket lines
- McKeesport Area, South Allegheny districts upgrade school security
- McKeesport Rib Festival wraps up with Monday concert, fireworks show
- 2 held for arraignments in Munhall gun case
- Elizabeth Forward School District fosters high-tech culture
- McKeesport anti-violence group takes root
- Students’ use of iPads a minefield
- Property transfer blurs lines of Penn-McKee restoration efforts
- East Allegheny teachers maintain strike plans