2 hurt in Elizabeth Twp. crash
Two people were seriously injured in a head-on collision on Tuesday morning on Lovedale Road near Mill Hill Road in Elizabeth Township.
Police Chief Robert McNeilly said a woman was driving downhill on Lovedale around 9:15 a.m. when her vehicle crossed the center line and crashed directly into the front of an oncoming vehicle being driven up the hill by a man. The drivers' names were not available. No passengers were inside either vehicle.
The woman was taken by ambulance to UPMC Mercy and the man was flown to UPMC Presbyterian.
McNeilly said Allegheny County police accident investigations unit was on the scene because of the unknown severity of the man's injuries.
A portion of Lovedale Road was closed for several hours as investigators worked, and traffic was diverted up Mill Hill Road onto Route 48.
Tim Karan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1970, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former Century III Mall general manager waives charges
- West Mifflin thrift store sells winning lottery ticket
- 2 firefighters injured battling Munhall blaze
- Liberty public servant Owens remembered as problem solver
- Some normalcy returns to Homestead business district devastated by fire
- Clairton City School District directors cap possible 2015-16 tax hike at 3 percent
- Southbound Mifflin Road closure near West Mifflin to start Jan. 19
- Dravosburg fire chief suggests establishing emergency business database
- Mon-Yough agencies providing services for the homeless to benefit from HUD funds
- Duquesne City School District receiver accepts $1.335M interest-free loan
- St. Agnes students assist food bank during Catholic Schools Week