LaRosa Boys & Girls Club outing a success
LaRosa Boys & Girls Club hosted its 10th annual benefit Saturday, featuring a round at 7 Springs Golf Course and a steak dinner in Renziehausen Park.
Sunny weather greeted the 22 foursomes at the Elizabeth Township course, followed by dinner and prizes at the Jacob Woll Pavilion in McKeesport.
“It was a beautiful, awesome day,” LaRosa executive director Jim Barry said, noting that rain hit the region heavily later in the day. “Mother Nature cooperated for a change. For the last two years, it's rained on this event and it hurt us tremendously.”
Barry said it's phenomenal to see participants and sponsors from McKeesport and surrounding communities support the club.
“We also have several alumni, who grew up in our Boys & Girls Club, who come back just for this outing,” Barry said. “Everyone has fun.”
Jennifer R. Vertullo is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1956, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Vigil at site of homicide remembers slain McKeesport plumber
- McKeesport heritage center event recognizes famous black Mon Valley musicians
- Steel Valley to post teacher, administrator salaries online
- White Oak seeks funds to stabilize road
- Crowd demands answers from Steel Valley directors over playoff eligibility controversy
- Duquesne Elementary School students join the ranks of junior constables
- McKeesport Area students share views during Black History Month panel talk
- Clairton City School District seeks savings in food service management
- Elizabeth Forward action to raise some school lunch prices
- Work to merge Twin Rivers, Steel Valley councils of governments drags on
- Munhall resident pleads guilty but mentally ill for killing his mother