LaRosa Boys & Girls Club outing a success
LaRosa Boys & Girls Club hosted its 10th annual benefit Saturday, featuring a round at 7 Springs Golf Course and a steak dinner in Renziehausen Park.
Sunny weather greeted the 22 foursomes at the Elizabeth Township course, followed by dinner and prizes at the Jacob Woll Pavilion in McKeesport.
“It was a beautiful, awesome day,” LaRosa executive director Jim Barry said, noting that rain hit the region heavily later in the day. “Mother Nature cooperated for a change. For the last two years, it's rained on this event and it hurt us tremendously.”
Barry said it's phenomenal to see participants and sponsors from McKeesport and surrounding communities support the club.
“We also have several alumni, who grew up in our Boys & Girls Club, who come back just for this outing,” Barry said. “Everyone has fun.”
Jennifer R. Vertullo is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1956, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Elizabeth prepares for first-ever farmers market
- Bridge rehab is largest Mon-Yough project
- McKeesport convenience store sells winning ticket
- Summer workers help fight Mon Valley neighborhood blight
- Elizabeth Bridge to receive $17.1M rehabilitation
- Century Town Homes residents, Clairton officials frustrated
- Glassport police name new chief
- Steel Valley School District considers measures to bus students
- U.S. Steel looks to expand Research & Technology Center in Munhall
- Pleasant Hills Night Out attracts large crowd
- Elizabeth Township police chief put on leave, manager terminated