Police probe Homestead shooting
By Eric Slagle
Published: Tuesday, Oct. 8, 2013, 12:26 a.m.
Homestead police are investigating the weekend shooting of a Wilkinsburg man in the 300 block of E. 12th Avenue.
Police said the 18-year-old victim was experiencing minor bleeding from wounds to both legs when they arrived at 7:21 p.m. on Saturday. The victim had knocked on the door of a house for help and was receiving first aid from a resident when authorities arrived.
Police described the wounded man as uncooperative and said he did not know who shot him.
Eric Slagle is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1966, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Oakmont father-son team’s efforts help add Mon Valley names to police memorial
- McKeesport man wanted in shooting nabbed in Elizabeth Township
- McKeesport crews prep for new KaBOOM! playground
- 5 Operation Pork Chop defendants sentenced to 5 years probation
- East Allegheny counselors receive national recognition
- McKeesport student to celebrate Jackie Robinson’s legacy
- Indiana company gets OK to sell former West Mifflin municipal building
- West Mifflin mayor seeks to use county airport ‘to its fullest potential’
- Serra Catholic High School friary to house foreign students
- Markosek supports McCord for governor
- Steel Valley Bicycle Tour will raise funds for trail maintenance