Police probe Homestead shooting
Homestead police are investigating the weekend shooting of a Wilkinsburg man in the 300 block of E. 12th Avenue.
Police said the 18-year-old victim was experiencing minor bleeding from wounds to both legs when they arrived at 7:21 p.m. on Saturday. The victim had knocked on the door of a house for help and was receiving first aid from a resident when authorities arrived.
Police described the wounded man as uncooperative and said he did not know who shot him.
Eric Slagle is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1966, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Special events planned as part of Kennywood’s 2015 season
- Some ONE Homestead housing units almost ready for occupancy
- No apology coming for Steel Valley teachers
- Allegheny County reiterates support for Pangburn Hollow overhaul
- Elizabeth Forward honors 6 for state Special Olympics medals
- Biz students chart strategy for stemming McKeesport’s population decline
- Greenock kids learn 3 R’s of Earth Day
- Political signs line Mon-Yough streets at election time
- McKeesport Area Pre-K Counts program to expand because of Tender Care Learning Center closure
- TreeVitalize spruces up McKeesport’s Seventh Ward
- McKeesport to get overhaul via 9 beautification projects