McKeesport police detain 2 teen robbery suspects
Two McKeesport teens were taken into custody in connection with the robbery of a Glassport couple at an ATM at the PNC Bank branch along Lysle Boulevard on Friday.
McKeesport Captain of Detectives Tim Hanna said officers responded to the call for the robbery at 1:05 p.m.
The 69-year-old man was accompanied by his 57-year-old wife when he made a withdrawal from the machine. They were approached by two 17-year-old males, Hanna said.
One of them reportedly struck the man's arm and took cash. The suspects ran across Fifth Avenue toward some steps off Ringgold Street and into the McKeesport Towers area.
Hanna said officers received a description of the suspects and were able to detain them at the Towers. They were identified by the victims, taken into custody and transported to Shuman Juvenile Detention Center.
Hanna said the boys will be charged with robbery and conspiracy. The case is being handled through Juvenile Court. No injuries were reported.
Michael DiVittorio is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Munhall officials miffed at ex-manager for leaving town
- West Mifflin Area schools boost security in response to threat against student
- West Mifflin official: Buyer expected soon for old administration building
- Clairton residents share concerns over sewage bills
- W. Mifflin backs drilling at airport
- McKeesport lawmaker’s bill would fund more police by upping fines
- Glassport plaque gets new home
- County investigators determine fatal McKeesport fire started in living room
- Accident at Port Vue crossing delays trains
- Teen’s family turns tragedy into lesson for McKeesport students
- Liberty hires 2 part-time police officers, honors another