McKeesport police detain 2 teen robbery suspects
Two McKeesport teens were taken into custody in connection with the robbery of a Glassport couple at an ATM at the PNC Bank branch along Lysle Boulevard on Friday.
McKeesport Captain of Detectives Tim Hanna said officers responded to the call for the robbery at 1:05 p.m.
The 69-year-old man was accompanied by his 57-year-old wife when he made a withdrawal from the machine. They were approached by two 17-year-old males, Hanna said.
One of them reportedly struck the man's arm and took cash. The suspects ran across Fifth Avenue toward some steps off Ringgold Street and into the McKeesport Towers area.
Hanna said officers received a description of the suspects and were able to detain them at the Towers. They were identified by the victims, taken into custody and transported to Shuman Juvenile Detention Center.
Hanna said the boys will be charged with robbery and conspiracy. The case is being handled through Juvenile Court. No injuries were reported.
Michael DiVittorio is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Homestead to offer select free-parking days during holiday season
- Kennywood Holiday Lights festival returns for 5th year
- North Versailles’ Dance Company’s ‘Nutcracker’ expands with bonus program for students
- Salvation Army kettle drive about to kick into high gear in Western Pennsylvania
- Model train exhibit raises funds for McKeesport club
- McKeesport Area could bring back Air Force Junior ROTC program
- Clairton City School District wins award for its anti-hunger efforts
- Suspect in Glassport man’s shooting death put on house arrest
- West Mifflin OKs transfer of liquor license for planned movie theater
- Presentations to honor McKeesport men who made ultimate sacrifice in Vietnam War
- McKeesport-based pro wrestling group to hold main event Saturday