McKeesport police probe weekend shooting
A McKeesport man is recovering from a shooting on Saturday.
Captain of Detectives Tim Hanna said officers were called to the scene, an alley in the rear of the 1400 block of Freemont Avenue, at 11:51 p.m.
Hanna said police stopped a vehicle on Versailles Avenue that was leaving the area carrying a 19-year-old male with a wounded left thigh.
McKeesport Ambulance Rescue Service transported him to UPMC McKeesport with injuries that were deemed not to be life-threatening.
Hanna said the victim told investigators he was leaving a party along Freemont Street when he heard several gunshots and felt a bullet strike his leg. Officers have no description of a suspect and very little information.
“We're following up on some leads that we have,” Hanna said. “We are continuing our investigation although the victim is refusing to cooperate and stated that he does not wish to prosecute if an arrest is made.”
Anyone with information should contact police at 412-675-5050.
Michael DiVittorio is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1965, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Lebanon Road businesses feel pinch from another road project
- Attempted homicide charge dropped, others remain in Glassport stabbing
- Sides meet for arbitration in East Allegheny teacher contract dispute
- Receiver cites progress in touting improved Duquesne City School District
- Liberty public servant Owens remembered as problem solver
- Elizabeth keeps millage rate flat, but council considers 2016 fire tax
- 1 suspect arrested in deadly McKeesport shooting; 2nd still at large
- Local Catholic Schools Week celebrations include fun activities, community service
- Snow causes collisions, delays in Mon-Yough area
- Munhall council president charged in crash that injured woman
- Lincoln roadway reopens ahead of schedule