McKeesport man shot in Crawford Village
A 20-year-old McKeesport man was transported via medical helicopter to a Pittsburgh area trauma center when he was shot in the neck Saturday night.
Officers located several shell casings near Building 27 when they arrived at Crawford Village around 8.
McKeesport Captain of Detectives Tim Hanna said the victim is known to police, and officers are attempting to obtain surveillance video.
County police have taken over the investigation.
Anyone with information can contact McKeesport police at 412-675-5050 or county police at 412-473-3000.
Michael DiVittorio is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161 ext. 1965, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Munhall officials miffed at ex-manager for leaving town
- West Mifflin official: Buyer expected soon for old administration building
- West Mifflin Area schools boost security in response to threat against student
- W. Mifflin backs drilling at airport
- McKeesport lawmaker’s bill would fund more police by upping fines
- Clairton residents share concerns over sewage bills
- County investigators determine fatal McKeesport fire started in living room
- Glassport plaque gets new home
- Teen’s family turns tragedy into lesson for McKeesport students
- Arbitration hearing between animal shelter, Youghiogheny Country Club delayed
- White Oak Holocaust survivor continues to share tragic story