Search continues for abductor
While the search continues for a Duquesne man in the abduction and beating of a girlfriend, a hearing has been postponed for the man's cousin and alleged accomplice.
Lynell Eric Farrar, 21, of Wilkinsburg was scheduled for a preliminary hearing on Tuesday before Magisterial District Judge Scott H. Schricker in Turtle Creek. It was postponed until Dec. 17 at 8:30 a.m. Farrar is free until then on $50,000 bond.
Farrar faces the same charges filed against Christopher Flewellen, 21, of Duquesne in the Nov. 30 incident that began in Homestead and included a chase that ended when the woman's vehicle crashed into a creek along Greensprings Avenue in West Mifflin.
That includes felony counts of aggravated assault, kidnapping and conspiracy, and misdemeanor counts of reckless endangerment and conspiracy.
According to the criminal complaint filed with Schricker, Flewellen dragged the woman from her vehicle into a van driven by Farrar. Police said the woman later was beaten repeatedly in the living room and bedroom of an apartment in Duquesne.
The woman was taken by McKeesport Ambulance Rescue Service to UPMC McKeesport.
Flewellen remains at large. Farrar was arrested by Munhall police at a roadblock.
Patrick Cloonan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1967, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McKeesport Rib Festival wraps up with Monday concert, fireworks show
- McKeesport Area, South Allegheny districts upgrade school security
- East Allegheny officials confirm strike, notify parents
- Additional negotiating session fails to resolve threatened East Allegheny strike
- McKeesport Area School District upgrades school security, student nutrition program
- McKeesport Area teacher fired amid sex scandal returns to school
- East Allegheny School District teachers, board remain at odds over contract negotiations
- Festival of Hope bringing Mon-Yough churches together
- Return to classes means it’s time to strike up the bands once again