Police continue search for Duquesne shooter
Allegheny County police are investigating a Sunday night shooting in Duquesne.
Two men were wounded at 820 Crawford Ave. at approximately 8 p.m., Allegheny County Homicide Lt. Andrew Schurman confirmed on Monday.
A 30-year-old black man, found at the scene with wounds in the pelvis and forearm, was transported via ambulance to a Pittsburgh hospital. A 28-year-old black man with a grazing wound to the neck ran to a nearby Wool Street location; he was flown to a hospital by medical helicopter.
Police did not identify the victims to the media, but said they are not originally from the area.
“The shooting is still under investigation, and we hope to develop suspects in the case,” Schurman said. “Anyone who saw or heard anything is asked to call the county police.”
Allegheny County Police can be reached at 412-473-3000.
Jennifer R. Vertullo is a staff writer for Trib Total Media
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 2 firefighters injured battling Munhall blaze
- Former Century III Mall general manager waives charges
- Twin Rivers Intermediate students get hands-on science lessons
- West Mifflin thrift store sells winning lottery ticket
- McKeesport Area communications specialist develops mobile app
- Overall Mon-Yough homicide stats remain steady
- Mon-Yough agencies providing services for the homeless to benefit from HUD funds
- Propel teams up with local organizations to test performing arts methods
- Steel Valley school directors honor new San Francisco 49ers head coach Tomsula
- St. Agnes students assist food bank during Catholic Schools Week
- Liberty public servant Owens remembered as problem solver