McKeesport man dies in Walnut Street crash
A McKeesport man was killed in a Christmas Eve crash on Walnut Street near the 15th Street Bridge.
Charles Hutchinson, 39, was pronounced dead Wednesday at 12:20 a.m. at UPMC McKeesport, Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office officials said.
The accident occurred Tuesday at 11:52 p.m.
McKeesport Capt. of Detectives Tim Hanna said Hutchinson apparently struck a curb and a utility pole and was ejected from his 2006 Chevy Cobalt, which stopped when it struck a second pole.
Hanna said police are questioning witnesses. An autopsy is scheduled for Thursday.
Michael DiVittorio is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161 ext. 1965, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Police: Man arrested in McKeesport on stalking, other charges had loaded gun
- Elizabeth Township drops its solicitor, names interim replacement
- Dump truck incident takes out traffic lights on Long Run Road in White Oak
- Elizabeth Township promotes police veteran to chief
- Day of prayer at McKeesport church shines light on HIV, AIDS
- East Allegheny officials discuss cost savings, turf’s status at workshop meeting
- McKeesport heritage center event recognizes famous black Mon Valley musicians
- Vigil at site of homicide remembers slain McKeesport plumber
- Duquesne police arrest suspect in robbery, get warrants in assault
- McKeesport incident among derailments that prompt Casey to push ‘crude-by-rail’ rule
- Allegheny County Airport set for $4M sidewalk, parking lot upgrade