Police pursue shooting suspects into Munhall
Five suspects in a Friday afternoon shooting incident in Swissvale were apprehended after a chase through several towns, including Munhall.
Swissvale police were responding to a call for shots fired along Woodstock Street.
That department deferred questions to Allegheny County police, who were unavailable for comment at presstime.
Munhall police reported they were pursuing a black Yukon Denali along Eighth Avenue, up Whitaker Way and along Hilltop Street around 3 p.m. when several suspects fled on foot.
An Allegheny County Sheriff's deputy reportedly spotted the vehicle.
Homestead and Munhall K-9 units searched the area. Whitaker and Rankin police assisted.
Trib Total Media news exchange partner WPXI-11 reported two people were taken into custody along the Homestead side of the Rankin Bridge.
No further information, including where the other three suspects were apprehended, was available at presstime.
Michael DiVittorio is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1965, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Elizabeth Forward action to raise some school lunch prices
- McKeesport incident among derailments that prompt Casey to push ‘crude-by-rail’ rule
- Crowd demands answers from Steel Valley directors over playoff eligibility controversy
- Duquesne police arrest suspect in robbery, get warrants in assault
- Allegheny County Airport set for $4M sidewalk, parking lot upgrade
- Work to merge Twin Rivers, Steel Valley councils of governments drags on
- Clairton City School District seeks savings in food service management
- Fatal West Mifflin dog attack recalls similar 2012 McKeesport incident
- McKeesport police use stun gun in arrest of Penn Hills man on slew of charges
- McKeesport Area principal, 8 others take retirement offer
- Hearing delay granted in fatal McKeesport arson case