South Versailles names building inspector
Carol Haines read the treasurer's report for the last time at Thursday's meeting of the South Versailles Township board of commissioners.
She promised she'd continue attending meetings, but watch from the back of the Coulter Fire Hall meeting room. Haines has served the community for 24 years.
“Thanks for all your years of service, Carol,” read the inscription on a cake served following the meeting.
Among the figures detailed in her final report, Haines said the township paid White Oak $1,043.50 for snow removal work over the past two months.
Steve Pichura of Building Inspection Underwriters, which runs the municipal code enforcement program for Twin Rivers Council of Governments, will serve as the township's building inspector.
Pichura's duties will include utilization of Uniform Construction Code standards in the township.
South Versailles and other Twin Rivers council members have been invited to participate in a Pennsylvania State Ethics Commission education outreach seminar scheduled for Thursday at 6 p.m. in White Oak. Friday is the deadline for municipalities to register.
Patrick Cloonan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1967, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- County investigators determine fatal McKeesport fire started in living room
- White Oak Holocaust survivor continues to share tragic story
- McKeesport Area first-grader brings toy gun on school bus
- Teen’s family turns tragedy into lesson for McKeesport students
- Arbitration hearing between animal shelter, Youghiogheny Country Club delayed
- White Oak moves forward on community center
- Ramp dedicated to slain McKeesport officer’s memory
- Liberty hires 2 part-time police officers, honors another
- Elizabeth Forward school board member to keep seat in plea deal
- Accident at Port Vue crossing delays trains