Glassport man charged with arson
Allegheny County police have charged a Glassport man in connection with a Thursday night fire in the borough.
David Dolton, 53, of Glassport was arrested Friday on arson charges stemming from a blaze at the former Chuck's Hub Caps along the 700 block of Monongahela Avenue.
According to police reports, investigators used surveillance videos from cameras near the fire scene to identify Dolton.
No one was injured in the blaze though residents in neighboring apartment units were displaced from their homes for about an hour while the fire was brought under control.
Allegheny County fire investigators and borough police and fire departments worked together to make the arrest.
Glassport fire Chief Wayne Lewis said the charges were the result of “a joint investigation that was done rapidly.”
Dolton is charged with six counts of arson and single counts of causing or risking a catastrophe and criminal mischief. He is being held in Allegheny County Jail on $10,000 bail.
Dolton's preliminary hearing is set for Feb. 11 at 1 p.m. in Glassport.
Eric Slagle is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1966, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McKeesport councilman fined, given probation in gambling ring
- McKeesport police arrest teen on gun charges
- Pleasant Hills Night Out attracts large crowd
- Whitaker man to serve 2 life sentences for West Mifflin murders
- Strike remains possible for East Allegheny teachers
- Pleasant Hills council awards paving contract
- Steel Valley school board president seeks donation policy
- Glassport Scout completes Eagle Project
- Civic organization donates to Clairton Police Department
- Judge refuses to reduce bail for McKeesport robbery suspect
- West Mifflin woman held for court, accused of leaving baby unattended