Glassport man charged with arson
Allegheny County police have charged a Glassport man in connection with a Thursday night fire in the borough.
David Dolton, 53, of Glassport was arrested Friday on arson charges stemming from a blaze at the former Chuck's Hub Caps along the 700 block of Monongahela Avenue.
According to police reports, investigators used surveillance videos from cameras near the fire scene to identify Dolton.
No one was injured in the blaze though residents in neighboring apartment units were displaced from their homes for about an hour while the fire was brought under control.
Allegheny County fire investigators and borough police and fire departments worked together to make the arrest.
Glassport fire Chief Wayne Lewis said the charges were the result of “a joint investigation that was done rapidly.”
Dolton is charged with six counts of arson and single counts of causing or risking a catastrophe and criminal mischief. He is being held in Allegheny County Jail on $10,000 bail.
Dolton's preliminary hearing is set for Feb. 11 at 1 p.m. in Glassport.
Eric Slagle is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1966, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McKeesport salons merge
- Organizers prepare for Warrior Run fundraiser
- Cemetery in Munhall considers filing for bankruptcy
- East Allegheny officials willing to continue contract talks
- UPMC McKeesport’s stroke team recognized
- Steel Valley keeps taxes flat in 2015-16 budget
- Ex-S. Allegheny teacher held on sex assault counts
- Students benefit from annual Brewster-sponsored government seminar
- East Allegheny teachers union rejects arbitration award
- Elizabeth police join DUI task force
- U.S. Steel gives $60,000 to scholarship program to help Mon-Yough area schools