Clairton OKs water meter separation regulation
Clairton is regulating the separation of water meters connected to occupied dwellings.
Council unanimously approved an ordinance on Tuesday that requires all residences, including apartments, to have separate water meters.
“(The ordinance) will be enforced at the time of a sale,” city manager Howard Bednar said. “If it's not in compliance, (required permits) will not be issued.”
In other business, council:
• Commended the city's public works department for effective snow removal, despite a seven-day salt shortage and a small crew.
• Approved the purchase of six Panasonic TB-30 laptops for the city's police department for $6,594.
• Ratified the purchase of a Caterpillar 942K wheel loader for $117,464.
• Appointed Dorcas E. Smith to the personnel board.
• Nominated Maria Campano to the planning commission.
• Authorized councilors to attend the Allegheny County League of Municipalities spring conference from April 3-6.
• Approved demolition of the structure at 508 N. State St. for $12,000.
Jennifer R. Vertullo is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1956, or email@example.com.