TribLIVE

| Neighborhoods


 
Larger text Larger text Smaller text Smaller text | Order Photo Reprints

2 die in weather-related incidents

Saturday, Feb. 15, 2014, 12:56 a.m.
 

Problems related to this week's weather resulted in the deaths of two Mon-Yough residents.

The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office said on Friday that a North Huntingdon Township woman died of natural causes after shoveling snow, while a Clairton man was an accidental victim of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The medical examiner's office said Brant McCray Sr., 60, was pronounced dead on Wednesday at 2:10 p.m. at his home along the 600 block of Park Avenue in Clairton.

Clairton first responders initially reported that there was an odor of natural gas there. At the time of the incident temperatures had risen from single digits into the 20s.

On Friday around noon, a mail carrier found Jenny Milo, 90, lying in the snow near her home along Herold Drive in North Huntingdon.

She reportedly was shoveling snow that had fallen the previous day. Approximately 3 inches of snow was reported in the Irwin area.

Rescue 8 paramedics were assisted by Circleville volunteer firefighters, who brought an automated external defibrillator with them.

Milo was taken to UPMC East where she was pronounced dead at 1:07 p.m. The medical examiner's office described her death as natural.

Patrick Cloonan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1967, or pcloonan@tribweb.com.

 

 
 


Show commenting policy

Most-Read McKeesport

  1. Clairton’s outgoing business manager to mentor successor
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.