South Allegheny enters agreement for website advertising
South Allegheny School District is contracting with an advertising firm to generate new revenue through the district website.
The school board unanimously approved an agreement on Wednesday with Thought Process Enterprises to provide advertising on www.southallegheny.org from August of this year through December 2015. Half of the gross revenue will go to the district.
District public relations coordinator Laura Thomson said the agreement is the result of creative financing that will allow the district to make up for revenue lost with educational cuts in Gov. Tom Corbett's budget in recent years.
“We've lost a significant amount of state funding, which forced us to seek alternative revenue in order for South Allegheny to maintain our programs,” Thomson said. “It's a win-win. We don't have anything to lose.”
In other business, the board approved:
• Purchasing an access control system for its fitness center, including three doors, a controller, 300 key fobs and related costs from Tyco Integrated Security for $7,881.08.
• Purchasing five years of math curriculum materials and seven years of electronic resources for sixth through ninth grades from McGraw-Hill Education for $103,374.71.
• Hiring Shaun Johnston, an assistant boys basketball coach, as head girls basketball coach for the 2014-15 school year.
Jennifer R. Vertullo is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1956, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McKeesport Area teacher among winners at group’s inaugural Champions of Learning awards dinner
- McKeesport Area student’s prize-winning song about brother helps heal family tragedy’s wounds
- Elizabeth Forward senior builds his own canoe in school’s lab
- Mon-Yough area first responders say drivers need to stop, pull over
- Closed Bottom Dollars in Homestead, McKeesport to become Aldi stores
- Clairton schools honor alumni in mentoring program
- Vigil marks 6-year anniversary of Clairton coach’s death
- Hearing delayed in North Versailles attempted homicide case
- Steel Valley board denies teachers union restroom grievance
- Mon-Yough area candidates bumped off ballots vow to fight on
- Police arrest suspect in fatal Wilmerding shooting