County still waiting for Versailles bar owner payments
While it sent padlocks to a second area bar, the Allegheny County Treasurer's office still is waiting for word from the owner of the first.
“We haven't heard from him,” an official in Treasurer John Weinstein's office said Wednesday, six days after Allegheny County Sheriff's deputies padlocked The Bridge Tap House & Grille in Versailles.
Weinstein said Friday that Bridge owner Todd Arthrell owes more than $53,759.72 in revenue from Allegheny County's drink tax.
Weinstein's office referred to The Bridge Tap House & Grille in announcing Wednesday's activity at Gone Country At The Firehouse, 400 Second St., Pitcairn.
“Due to this establishment's failure to remit their payment of the Alcoholic Beverage Tax, they are the second establishment to be padlocked within two weeks,” Weinstein said. “These closings are part of my effort to protect the taxpayers from delinquent bar and establishment owners whom misappropriate tax money.”
Gone Country is in far less trouble than Arthrell according to Weinstein's office. Its alleged drink tax liability to date is in excess of $3,704.11.
The Bridge regularly posts on a Facebook page but hasn't since April 9, two days before sheriff's deputies showed up at that establishment at 5200 Walnut St.
Patrick Cloonan is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1967, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McKeesport property deemed ripe for development
- Washington County sex offender gets 25 to 50 years in plea deal with Mon Valley victims
- Clairton police present interactive seminar on use of force
- Damaged Marina at McKees Point still slated to open in May
- Glassport fire department gets OK to buy new truck
- East Allegheny may consider contract with new transporter
- Mon Valley schools honored for commitment to music education
- Duquesne man charged with sex assault of minor
- McKeesport man: Ex-girlfriend ‘attempted to run me over’
- McKeesport teacher among winners at Champions of Learning awards dinner
- Responsibility for sinkhole near Glassport remains uncertain