West Elizabeth council to remodel, fix 2 parks
West Elizabeth council is discussing plans to remodel and tidy up parks along First and Seventh streets.
West Elizabeth recreation chair Lisa Morris provided a report for Wednesday's council meeting. Morris was unable to attend, but her report states that the APC Play Co. estimated the parks' facelifts would cost $11,927.68.
The estimate includes basketball backboards, posts, aluminum backboard targets and nets, as well as swings and 15 tons of rubber mulch.
Council is waiting for an estimate from another company before making a decision.
In other news, council voted unanimously to clean out 10 storm drains along Border Street.
“I didn't say anything about them before because it was raining and I was waiting for things to cool down a little bit, that way if we had problems with any other sewers we could find them,” councilman Ray Armstrong said.
Urban Development Action Grant money was available to repair the fire department's aging sirens, which council president Louise Biddle said are now working properly.
Christy Walters is a freelance writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- County investigators determine fatal McKeesport fire started in living room
- Pitt students clean up Mon Valley neighborhoods for annual service day
- North Versailles Township commissioner opposes closing Green Valley Primary School
- Homestead-based nonprofit prepares for winter coat distribution
- Duquesne, county housing authority OK Orchard Park development
- ReClaim McKeesport ambassadors transform vacant lot
- Owners hope carousel will bring fresh audience to Century III Mall
- E. Allegheny considers closing Green Valley
- Jefferson Hospital touts programs, continues to expand
- National family alliance group tours Auberle projects
- East Allegheny residents take teachers to task