Police charge 2 adults, 2 teens with armed robberies in McKeesport
Police have filed charges against two adults and two teens in connection with Tuesday's back-to-back armed robberies in McKeesport.
The teens are being charged as adults because a handgun was involved with the robberies, which occurred in the city's Grandview neighborhood. All four suspects were arrested more than an hour later at Century III Mall in West Mifflin where they were allegedly trying to trade devices recovered in the robberies at a cellphone shop.
Paris Harris, 17, of Pittsburgh is being charged as the gunman in the incidents. Police believe Harris was armed with a .22-caliber Ruger revolver when he and another suspect jumped out of a tan Cadillac and robbed two victims in separate incidents. Also charged for the robberies were Trevon McCrary, 19, of Duquesne; Marvin Sheppard, 20, of Baldwin; and Paul Webb, 17, of Pittsburgh.
The first robbery occurred at 3:40 p.m. in the area of McCleary and Ford streets.
Police said the Cadillac pulled up on the victim and two suspects jumped out. One suspect pointed the gun at the victim while another suspect circled around behind him and pulled the victim's hands from his pants pockets.
Police said the suspects took the victim's cellphone then struck him in the head before fleeing in the Cadillac.
At 3:54 p.m. police received another call for a robbery in the area of Indiana and Mercantile streets.
In that incident, police said the Cadillac pulled up on a door-to-door salesman who was walking down the street. Again, two suspects jumped out of the vehicle and approached the victim. Police said they took the man's wallet and cellphone.
Around that same time, police were called to Boyd Street after receiving a report that an armed male had knocked on a resident's door.
McKeesport police Capt. Tim Hanna said police were able to track the suspects to Century III Mall where they were located at the Cell Exchange Store and arrested by officers from Baldwin and West Mifflin police departments.
Hanna said the suspects' vehicle was impounded and police obtained a search warrant for the car.
“The firearm was recovered from the vehicle,” he said.
Eric Slagle is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1966, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 9-month probe leads to major heroin bust in McKeesport
- McKeesport Area student leadership group donates Halloween costumes
- McKeesport leaders sign pledge to be part of solution to violence
- Wolf pays another vist to the Mon Valley as Corbett remains absent
- Protestants preparing for Reformation Sunday observances; Protestants, Catholics plan for 2017
- West Mifflin Area adjusts solicitor duties
- Propels leave the lights on to showcase their after-school activities
- Elizabeth Forward team honored for playoff berth
- ‘Wonderland Jr.’ tries to be its own production
- West Mifflin Area students learn to prevent bullying
- West Mifflin school board vote turns in favor of union workers