West Mifflin woman held for court, accused of leaving baby unattended
Criminal charges have been held against a West Mifflin woman arrested for allegedly leaving a 1 ½-year-old child unattended in a vehicle while she drank in a McKeesport bar.
Champayne L. Bray, 22, appeared before McKeesport Magisterial District Judge Eugene Riazzi Jr. on Monday in connection with the July 17 incident.
Bray did not address the court and neither she nor her attorney, Mike Wogul, would comment on the case outside the courtroom.
Bray was arrested at Tube City Café along Fifth Avenue at about 1:20 a.m. Police were called to the bar after receiving a complaint that a baby was alone in a vehicle near the bar and was crying.
Police said they traced the license plate and determined it belonged to Bray, who was found a short time later inside the bar with a drink in front of her.
An officer who testified on Monday said Bray appeared to be highly intoxicated at the bar. The officer said the baby was upset and had a dirty diaper but was unharmed.
Bray's formal arraignment is set for Sept. 11.
Eric Slagle is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1966, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Dravosburg fire chief suggests establishing emergency business database
- Lincoln roadway reopens ahead of schedule
- Legislators receive committee assignments
- Local Catholic Schools Week celebrations include fun activities, community service
- West Mifflin Area board approves contracts with teachers union, business manager
- Use of police body cameras increases; Whitaker explores purchase
- West Mifflin Area sues Martell over continuing education credit costs
- Homestead business owner recalls similar fire 26 years ago
- Groups to offer help with health insurance sign-ups in Mon Valley
- Mon Valley groups celebrate King’s life, legacy
- Clairton, disaster readiness group to part ways