McKeesport Police investigate teen shooting
McKeesport police are investigating the shooting of a 17-year-old male outside a home along the 1400 block of Meadow Street.
The call for the shooting came in on Friday around 4:15 p.m.
City Capt. of Detectives Tim Hanna said the victim was shot twice in the lower back and transported to a Pittsburgh hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Investigators were attempting to confirm the victim's address at presstime.
A white four-door Mercedes-Benz was searched and towed away from the scene. Nearby residents declined to speak to the media about the incident.
The shooting occurred a few houses down from a little girl's birthday party.
Police are searching for two black men in a white 2004 Saturn Vue, registered out of Clairton, in connection with the shooting.
Hanna said the men are considered armed and dangerous. No further information was available at presstime.
Anyone with information about the incident should contact McKeesport police at 412-675-5015.
Michael DiVittorio is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161, ext. 1965or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Renzie Park gets less local sales tax revenue in $96.9M Regional Asset District budget
- Santa’s visit to North Versailles hardware store marks milestone on Small Business Saturday
- North Versailles’ Dance Company’s ‘Nutcracker’ expands with bonus program for students
- Former McKeesport resident donates to heritage center children’s raffle
- Fire breaks out for 3rd time in abandoned McKeesport house
- McKeesport Area discusses easier access of public documents
- After 27 years, Clairton emerges from state ‘financially distressed’ status
- Auberle celebrates success stories in employment, outreach programs
- Kennywood Holiday Lights festival returns for 5th year
- Elizabeth council OKs Act 537 resolution for municipal authority
- McKeesport Area could bring back Air Force Junior ROTC program