Man struck by car in McKeesport dies
A man struck by a vehicle in McKeesport has died.
The cause and manner of death of Carvelle Crosby, 45, of McKeesport, has not yet been determined, an Allegheny County Medical Examiner' Office official said on Saturday evening.
McKeesport emergency responders found Crosby underneath a champagne-colored Chevy Malibu on Friday around 10:30 p.m. along the 3300 block of Stockholm Street.
He was pronounced dead later that evening at 11:08 at UPMC McKeesport.
McKeesport assistant police Chief Tom Greene called the incident suspicious because witnesses told officers they heard screeches and saw a black SUV fleeing the scene.
Allegheny County police were called to reconstruct the accident scene, and county homicide was notified of the incident.
Anyone with information about the accident should contact McKeesport police at 412-675-5015.
Michael DiVittorio is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161 ext. 1965 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Elizabeth Township gives police chief raise, hires 3 officers
- Court rules McKeesport Area board election OK
- 3 injured in police chase, collision in Duquesne
- 26 students at risk of losing bus service, East Allegheny superintendent warns
- McKeesport shooting victim in stable condition
- Next of kin sought for man whose body was found in Youghiogheny River
- Glassport native added to Independent Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame
- Fundraiser planned for McKeesport deputy fire chief
- Clairton seeks removal from distressed designation list
- Breast cancer patient to benefit from ‘Pink Your Pasta’ fundraiser
- Kennywood’s popular Phantom Fright Nights about to begin