Electrical problem sparks fire in McKeesport truck
An electrical problem is believed to have caused a truck fire in McKeesport on Thursday.
Marlon Barnes said he was driving the Ford F-150 pickup across the Jerome Bridge at about 12:20 p.m. when “smoke started coming from the hood.”
Barnes said he didn't want to abandon the vehicle on the bridge. So he kept driving until he could get it off Lysle Boulevard. Barnes made the first available right and parked across from the Family Dollar store.
He said he ran into the store and asked someone to call for help.
Fire crews were on the scene quickly but not before the fire burned a hole through the hood.
Barnes said he was taking a load of wood and other debris from a demolition project in Glassport to Homewood when the incident occurred.
Firefighters at the scene said an electrical problem probably sparked the fire.
Eric Slagle is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-664-9161 ext. 1966, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- McKeesport man: Ex-girlfriend ‘attempted to run me over’
- Responsibility for sinkhole near Glassport remains uncertain
- Mon Valley schools honored for commitment to music education
- McKeesport teacher among winners at Champions of Learning awards dinner
- McKeesport student’s prize-winning song about brother helps ease family’s grief
- Clairton schools honor alumni in mentoring program
- Program details women’s work in Mon-Yough area mills during World War II
- Mon-Yough area first responders say drivers need to stop, pull over
- Closed Bottom Dollars in Homestead, McKeesport to become Aldi stores
- Area travelers brace for Lincoln Way widening
- Elizabeth Forward senior builds his own canoe in school’s lab