Monroeville business community ROCs out
Members of the Monroeville business community gathered to celebrate their own last week.
The Monroeville Area Chamber of Commerce's annual ROCs awards dinner was held at the Doubletree Hotel in Monroeville Nov. 8. The ROCs — which stands for Recognizing individuals, Organizations and Companies that shine — featured mentalist Craig Karges and honored the work of members of the local business community.
Alice Rathjen, co-owner of Monster Mini Golf in Monroeville and BBQ Beach Hut in Murrysville, was named Chamber Member of the Year.
Donna Padezan of NPV Productions received the Wes Blaha Lifetime Achievement Award.
Real estate developer Craig Cozza was named Business Person of the Year. Also nominated for the award were Don Darragh of Energy Swing Windows and Walt Henry of The pt Group Physical Therapy.
Amy Simon of Visit Monroeville was named Young Business Leader of Year. Also nominated were Jason and Tara Saunders of Metal Photo Service and Maria Synan, communications marketing manager of Forbes Regional Hospital.
And UPMC East was recognized as the Redevelopment Project of the Year. The other nominees were Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza and Penn Center East.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Allegheny County committee to hear about Ebola readiness
- Penguins notebook: Newcomers get 1st taste of rivalry with Flyers
- Penn State notebook: Dieffenbach might return to help Lions’ offensive line
- Steelers dial up 2-point play for Brown’s TD toss
- 12 selected for jury in Ferrante cyanide-poisoning trial
- Injured Pitt center Rowell plays well-rounded role on campus
- Stocks rally; S&P 500 has best day of 2014
- Expert: Stress level rises for Americans who forfeit vacation
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- Police seize phones of some Norwin High School students
- Likely voters expect Republican Party to take control of Senate, according to Associated Press-GfK poll