Monroeville business community ROCs out
Published: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 9:28 a.m.
Updated: Friday, November 16, 2012
Members of the Monroeville business community gathered to celebrate their own last week.
The Monroeville Area Chamber of Commerce's annual ROCs awards dinner was held at the Doubletree Hotel in Monroeville Nov. 8. The ROCs — which stands for Recognizing individuals, Organizations and Companies that shine — featured mentalist Craig Karges and honored the work of members of the local business community.
Alice Rathjen, co-owner of Monster Mini Golf in Monroeville and BBQ Beach Hut in Murrysville, was named Chamber Member of the Year.
Donna Padezan of NPV Productions received the Wes Blaha Lifetime Achievement Award.
Real estate developer Craig Cozza was named Business Person of the Year. Also nominated for the award were Don Darragh of Energy Swing Windows and Walt Henry of The pt Group Physical Therapy.
Amy Simon of Visit Monroeville was named Young Business Leader of Year. Also nominated were Jason and Tara Saunders of Metal Photo Service and Maria Synan, communications marketing manager of Forbes Regional Hospital.
And UPMC East was recognized as the Redevelopment Project of the Year. The other nominees were Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza and Penn Center East.There are currently no comments for this story.
- Penguins’ Shero talks with Letang’s agent
- Taliban offer to free U.S. soldier in prisoner exchange
- Pitt adds two more recruits
- Anglers, others don’t want Kingston dam to go
- Grilli blows 1st save; Pirates lose to Reds in 13 innings
- Three killed when minivan crashes into tree in Butler County
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle says offense needs to get rolling
- Judge deals setback to Steelers’ quest to expand Heinz Field
- Starkey: No apologies for this NBA column
- Contractor charged with theft from Jeannette
- Bethel Park couple sue contractor in federal court