Chamber making preparations for Celebrate Monroeville event
By Kyle Lawson
Published: Wednesday, Sept. 4, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
The Monroeville Area of Chamber of Commerce is gearing up for the ninth annual Celebrate Monroeville event.
The Sept. 19 celebration — which will take place at the Monroeville Convention Center from 4 to 8:30 p.m. — will feature samples from local restaurants in the Taste of Monroeville showcase, while the Marketplace Monroeville will feature local businesses' products and services.
Scheduled on the performance stage this year are the Gateway High School marching band, Gateway cheerleaders and the Lily Wine Affair. Also, a cast of mascots and costumed characters will circulate throughout the exhibit hall.
More than 250 merchants and restaurant vendors have signed on to participate. Last year, more than 3,000 people attended.
Admission is $10 for adults and $7 for students and people over the age of 62. One extra “taste” ticket will be awarded to attendees who support the food drive.
Free additional parking and shuttle service will be available in the Monroeville Mall parking lot across from Goodyear Tire, adjacent to Macy's.
For more information, call 412-856-0622.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Cost cited as reason for pulling police officer from Gateway Middle School
- ‘Hit list’ could result in expulsion beyond this school year for Gateway student
- Monroeville technical school not your father’s shop class
- Monroeville’s rival hospitals come in handy
- Gateway parents criticize communication after so-called ‘hit list’
- Monroeville officials initiate investigation —into previous investigation