TribLIVE

| Neighborhoods


 
Larger text Larger text Smaller text Smaller text | Order Photo Reprints

House catches fire in Monessen

Daily Photo Galleries

Thursday, Oct. 4, 2012, 2:26 a.m.
 

Firefighters from four communities responded to a house fire in Monessen, about 1:30 this morning.

The fire appeared to start in the top floor of the structure in the 300 block of Oneida Street. Firefighters from Donora, Lock 4 and Rostraver Number 1 as well as both city departments responded.

Crews were on the roof of the building at presstime. They were determining if anyone was home at the time of the blaze, municipal fire Chief Del Hepple said.

No information on the cause of the fire or the extent of damage was available prior to presstime.

 

 
 


Show commenting policy

Most-Read Stories

  1. Hospital finances still crying ‘ouch’
  2. Rossi: Brawl for ADs between Pitt and WVU
  3. No tax increase for Everson next year
  4. Cezanne likely to attract bidders
  5. Fleury’s career-best 6th shutout lifts Penguins over Avalanche in overtime
  6. Trained teachers, staff to treat allergic students under Pennsylvania law
  7. Steelers must be creative in providing snaps for linebackers
  8. Normalville church performs Christmas play
  9. Time is of essence for Pitt in finding football coach, athletic director
  10. Analysis: Misunderstood Chryst served Pitt well
  11. West Newton foster father faces child sex charges
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.