House catches fire in Monessen
Firefighters from four communities responded to a house fire in Monessen, about 1:30 this morning.
The fire appeared to start in the top floor of the structure in the 300 block of Oneida Street. Firefighters from Donora, Lock 4 and Rostraver Number 1 as well as both city departments responded.
Crews were on the roof of the building at presstime. They were determining if anyone was home at the time of the blaze, municipal fire Chief Del Hepple said.
No information on the cause of the fire or the extent of damage was available prior to presstime.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins score 1st win in San Jose in 18 years
- Pirates showing interest in starting pitcher Masterson
- Stylish, inexpensive dress takes television newsrooms by storm
- Despite cross-check, Pens’ Crosby expects contact in front of net
- Web-savvy terrorists have success luring U.S. recruits with social media
- Boras: Alvarez’s power is too valuable for Pirates to let him leave
- Pitt’s surge goes for naught as No. 11 Purdue prevails at Pete
- Steelers notebook: Opportunity awaits Boykin
- Yough girls working to improve after winless campaign last season
- Pittsburgh attorney cites Pa. AG’s suspension in dismissal attempt
- Penguins notebook: Warsofsky gets shot to play on blueline