Monongahela native dies in Phoenix crash
A Monongahela man died in a motorcycle accident Tuesday in Phoenix, less than two weeks after he moved out west.
Jess Wade Bartman, 27, was riding a 2011 Kawasaki motorcycle around 4:30 p.m. Tuesday when it collided with a Ford van that had failed to yield to traffic, according to Phoenix-based KNXV-TV/Channel 15 ABC.
Bartman, who was wearing a helmet, survived the accident but died not long after at an area hospital.
Bartman was a Ringgold graduate and son of Tim and Cindy Bartman in Monongahela, according to Marshall Marra, who is handling the funeral arrangements.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mother of Wilkinsburg toddler found dead in ravine charged with her murder
- Uber lowers fares in Pittsburgh
- Policy to suspend employees with felony charges does not apply to Kane
- Pennsylvania Turnpike tolls will increase 6 percent next year
- Authorities raid home of Subway spokesman Jared Fogle
- Starkey: Burnett writing incredible final chapter
- ‘Broad-based tax increases’ off-limits, GOP leaders tell Pa. Gov. Wolf
- Pittsburgh councilman pushes bill to require paid sick leave for employees
- 2-Minute Film Festival at Carnegie Museum of Art covers all genres
- House explodes in North Braddock
- Alvarez’s walk-off single lifts Pirates over Padres