Police identify pedestrian struck in Rostraver Township
Published: Friday, October 12, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Friday, October 12, 2012
A man hit by a car Wednesday night in Rostraver Township is recovering from his injuries at a Pittsburgh hospital.
Charles Carlos Beltran, 48, of the state of California, was listed in serious condition Thursday at Allegheny General Hospital, a hospital spokeswoman said.
Rostraver Township police said Beltran was struck by a vehicle as he attempted to cross state Route 201 at 7:55 p.m. When police arrived, Beltran, who was wearing dark clothing, was lying on his back in the northbound lanes. He suffered head injuries and was flown to the hospital, police said.
Police said the driver of the vehicle, Ryan Pfrogner, 18, of Belle Vernon is not facing any charges, pending the completion of the investigation.
Police were assisted by North Belle Vernon police, Rostraver Central firefighters and Rostraver/West Newton Emergency Medical Services.
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Penguins notebook: Morrow sits; Bylsma changes lineup
- Mayoral nominee Peduto plans city hall house-cleaning if he’s elected
- Pirates notebook: Morton could be back in early June
- Neal’s solid play soon could pay off on scoresheet for Penguins
- Couple accused of abusing adopted kids moving in with parents
- Schools crucial in keeping patriotism, flag etiquette alive among nation’s youth
- DVD reviews: ‘The Last Stand,’ ‘Side Effects’ and ‘Parker’
- Senators notebook: Stone gets call in place of Conacher
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.