Fallowfield man faces trial on indecent assault charges
A Fallowfield Township man had a felony charge of aggravated indecent assault dropped Monday, but will still face three felony counts resulting from an alleged 2011 incident involving a 4-year-old girl, according to court documents.
Ronald Jeffrey Wingrove, 38, of 328 Coyle Curtin Road, waived to court charges of indecent assault, endangering the welfare of children and corruption of minors Monday in front of Magisterial District Judge Larry Hopkins in Charleroi.
The Washington County District Attorney's office withdrew the charge of aggravated indecent assault – the most serious of the four charges filed by state police at the Belle Vernon barracks on Aug. 14.
According to the affidavit of probable cause filed at Hopkin's office, the alleged sexual assaults occurred at Wingrove's residence.
The alleged victim, who was 4-years-old at the time, was then interviewed twice at the Washington County Child Advocacy Center and disclosed that Wingrove allegedly touched her inappropriately, according to the affidavit.
Wingrove's attorney, David Cercone of Pittsburgh, could not be reached Wednesday.
Wingrove is currently free on $50,000 unsecured bond.
Rick Bruni Jr. is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 724-684-2635.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- Dedicated California educator Hasbrouck dead at 62
- New Charleroi cameras helping cops catch criminals in the act
- Valley men accused of burglary in Charleroi
- Rostraver man sent to jail, faces new drug charges
- Anticipation sky high for Rostraver remote-control air show
- Belle Vernon man who allegedly offered drugs to young girls jailed
- Donora woman picked up on drug charges
- Monessen library presenting war stories
- Reader requests more from ’44 on ‘This Day’ journey
- Artists paint the town in anticipation of annual Monessen exhibit