Road rage case involves ‘machine gun’
By Chris Buckley
Published: Saturday, December 8, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Saturday, December 8, 2012
A Union Township man told police he was chased by a machine gun-toting suspect in a case of extreme road rage along Finleyville-Elrama Road.
Matthew Nowak, 21, of Union Township, told police that shortly before 6:30 p.m. Wednesday a car was tailgating him with its high beams on.
When Nowak pulled to the side of the road, the driver of the car behind him stopped and a man got out of the passenger side of the vehicle and started to run toward the victim's vehicle.
Nowak told police the bald white man was carrying what appeared to be a “machine gun.”
The man began yelling at Nowak, who drove off. Nowak told police he was chased by the car that had been tailgating him, but after a couple of miles, the driver stopped the chase and left the area.
The tailing vehicle was described as a newer Chrysler 300 M SRT8, black with blacked out windows and large rims.
Southwest Regional Police Chief John Hartman said because the incident happened in a residential neighborhood, police are hoping there are witnesses.
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to contact the Southwest Regional Police at 724-929-8484 or by private message on the department's Facebook page: Southwest Reg Pd.
Chris Buckley is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-684-2642 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Charleroi Area School Board hires secretary
- Landmark Fallowfield DQ has new owners
- Area vice squad on alert
- Charleroi Regional cop may be put back on the work schedule
- Interest in Jack the Ripper inspires California writer’s novel
- West Newton judge delays hearing in wild chase, theft case
- Boatman: When will ‘easing’ end?
- Louisiana-based fracking firm could hire 200 Monessen-area residents
- Youth, civic groups clean up Monessen streets
- Yough students learn lessons in the great outdoors
- Belle Vernon Area will refinance bond issue
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.