Vehicles crash in Rostraver
A two-vehicle accident Thursday evening in Rostraver heavily damaged one truck and sent the driver of another to Monongahela Valley Hospital in Carroll Township.
The accident occurred around 8 p.m. at the intersection of state Route 201 and Rostraver Road.
Cody Miller of Perryopolis was turning left from Route 201 North onto Rostraver Road when his pickup truck collided with an SUV driven by Tom Amati of Rostraver, who police said was traveling north on Route 201 towards Donora.
Amati, 64, had to be helped from his vehicle and was placed onto a stretcher for transport to the hospital.
Each driver told Rostraver police he had a green traffic light. Officer Richard Beranek said two witnesses stated Amati had a green light.
Drivers turning left at the intersection have to yield if they do not have a green arrow.
Miller, whose hand was bleeding but refused medical attention, said he was stopped in the turning lane “for at least a minute and a half” before turning left.
Miller, still in his work uniform, was wearing a seat belt. His air bag was deployed and the front passenger wheel had dislodged from its axle.
Amati's Ford Explorer sustained heavy front end damage. Both vehicles were towed.
Beranek said it is uncertain if charges would be filed. Alcohol was not a factor in the crash, he said, and Amati's speed was undetermined.
The Rostraver Central Fire Department responded to the scene as well as Rostraver and Monessen police and Rostraver/West Newton Ambulance Service.
Rick Bruni Jr. is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 724-684-2635.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Cal U students aid Fayette survey
- Man’s holiday spirit lights up Belle Vernon
- Convocation center booze battle rages on for California and Cal U
- 2 charged in Charleroi drug, gun find case
- West Newton foster father faces child sex charges
- Trials ordered for 2 charged in Monongahela mugging case
- Monessen OKs 2015 budget with no tax hike
- Author takes final look back in Brownsville history series
- Charleroi traffic stop spurs drug charges
- Trial ordered for Finleyville man accused of fondling himself near school bus
- Washington Township man faces trial in home invasion