N. Belle Vernon cops find women, beer in vacant house
Three women, two from North Belle Vernon and one from Rostraver Township, were charged after being found inside a vacant residence at 910 Henry St. early Dec. 30.
A neighbor told police he saw about 10 people enter the house. Officers said they pounded on the door and received no response.
Soon after, police saw someone inside and took custody of Denny Lee Naylor Jr., 21, of 414 Green St., Belle Vernon.
Police said the women subsequently entered the front room: Ashley Fiorino, 20, of 811 Washington St., North Belle Vernon; Rachel Kline, 20, of 160 Pride Drive, Rostraver Township; and Maria Nicole Stringhill, 20, who listed her residence as the 910 Henry St. house.
Stringhill told police the house belonged to her mother and that she had permission to stay there.
Naylor said the three didn't want to come to the door earlier, because Stringhill “thought she had a bench warrant” pending against her, according to the police report.
Asked if there were drugs or alcohol in the house, all three women indicated none were present.
Officers searched the house and found beer in an upstairs bedroom closet and a purse containing 18 empty stamp bags, two syringes and a package of cigarette rolling papers.
Naylor was taken to the police station, where he provided police with a statement and then was released without being charged. The women were charged with underage drinking, police said.
Pamela Stringhill, Maria Stringhill's mother, told police she owned the residence and “guessed it was all right” that the women were there, the police report states. Kline and Fiorino's parents were notified that their daughters were being cited for underage drinking. Both were released.
Stringhill reportedly said the purse belonged to her, “but was old.” Police said additional charges might be filed after ownership of the house is determined. A notice from the ABC Mortgage service was posted on the front door, police said.
Jeremy Sellew is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 724-684-2667.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- Dedicated California educator Hasbrouck dead at 62
- Couple puts faith in new Sutersville antiques store
- Distance runners generated interest in Charleroi race long ago
- Fallowfield plans meeting to reveal results of studies
- Stockdale fire, N. Charleroi crash keep emergency personnel hopping
- Runners get set for Charleroi’s Little Great Race
- Artists paint the town in anticipation of annual Monessen exhibit
- Anticipation sky high for Rostraver remote-control air show
- Valley men accused of burglary in Charleroi
- Monessen library presenting war stories