Steelers should make a play for Revis
I know chances are slim, but if the Jets are going to start shopping Darrelle Revis, the Steelers should go for him.
Chances are probably closer to non-existant, but wouldn't it be nice for the Steelers to have a true, shutdown corner? While he's good, Ike Taylor is not a shutdown corner.
The Jets will be looking for draft picks, and I think the Steelers should consider parting with a couple this year, maybe a couple next year. I'd give it some serious thought. But that's why I don't work in the Steelers' front office.
• Dear Manti Te'o. Come, on man. You were an All-American linebacker at one of the most prestigous universities in the United States. To be there, you had to be a pretty smart guy, right?
I still don't know what to make out of this whole fake, dead girlfriend bit. I don't see how you couldn't know, but I've never had a fake girlfriend so who am I to judge?
• Thank goodness hockey is back. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm definitely excited. Even more excited, it seemed, than the sellout crowd at Consol Energy Center for the Pens' home opener Wednesday night.
There have been a lot of critics in the media about the enthusiasm of the crowd, with some believing it was louder during the black-and-gold exhibition game last week.
Is it the post-lockout hangover that everyone was expecting? Players and coaches aren't in top shape with only a few days of practice before the season's start. Maybe it is going to take a few games for fans to get back into the flow of things, too.
• I'm glad the Pirates altered and sealed their deal with pitcher Francisco Liriano. After the dominance of newcomer A.J. Burnett last year, Liriano, who has good stuff, could benefit from a change of scenery and lack of familiarity by National League hitters.
• Speaking of the Pirates, I may kick myself later, but I believe this is the year the streak of losing seasons ends.
• If anyone cares, the World Baseball Classic will be played this year. After he nearly won the batting title, Andrew McCutchen didn't make the USA's roster. Shane Victornio and Adam Jones are great outfielders, but both finish behind “Cutch” in my book.
• Speaking to Cal U softball coach Rick Bertagnolli Friday, it looks like BVA grad Haley Bashada is impressing with the Vulcans. Stay tuned.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Man apprehended after North Belle Vernon pharmacy robbery
- Home health care worker assaulted in Monongahela
- Cal U’s 22 Pushups effort draws attention to suicide by veterans
- Charleroi Area mulls wrestling team future
- Second career choice leads to business ownership in Charleroi
- DA Vittone gives Washington County $100K from drug forfeitures
- Social Security the most misunderstood retirement asset
- Fayette man allegedly exposed self to Charleroi children
- Rampound brings cheers to Ringgold athletic events
- Mid-Mon Valley maintains strong ties to proposed Army museum
- Deteriorating Charleroi properties to be reviewed