Steelers should make a play for Revis
Published: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Saturday, January 26, 2013
I know chances are slim, but if the Jets are going to start shopping Darrelle Revis, the Steelers should go for him.
Chances are probably closer to non-existant, but wouldn't it be nice for the Steelers to have a true, shutdown corner? While he's good, Ike Taylor is not a shutdown corner.
The Jets will be looking for draft picks, and I think the Steelers should consider parting with a couple this year, maybe a couple next year. I'd give it some serious thought. But that's why I don't work in the Steelers' front office.
• Dear Manti Te'o. Come, on man. You were an All-American linebacker at one of the most prestigous universities in the United States. To be there, you had to be a pretty smart guy, right?
I still don't know what to make out of this whole fake, dead girlfriend bit. I don't see how you couldn't know, but I've never had a fake girlfriend so who am I to judge?
• Thank goodness hockey is back. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm definitely excited. Even more excited, it seemed, than the sellout crowd at Consol Energy Center for the Pens' home opener Wednesday night.
There have been a lot of critics in the media about the enthusiasm of the crowd, with some believing it was louder during the black-and-gold exhibition game last week.
Is it the post-lockout hangover that everyone was expecting? Players and coaches aren't in top shape with only a few days of practice before the season's start. Maybe it is going to take a few games for fans to get back into the flow of things, too.
• I'm glad the Pirates altered and sealed their deal with pitcher Francisco Liriano. After the dominance of newcomer A.J. Burnett last year, Liriano, who has good stuff, could benefit from a change of scenery and lack of familiarity by National League hitters.
• Speaking of the Pirates, I may kick myself later, but I believe this is the year the streak of losing seasons ends.
• If anyone cares, the World Baseball Classic will be played this year. After he nearly won the batting title, Andrew McCutchen didn't make the USA's roster. Shane Victornio and Adam Jones are great outfielders, but both finish behind “Cutch” in my book.
• Speaking to Cal U softball coach Rick Bertagnolli Friday, it looks like BVA grad Haley Bashada is impressing with the Vulcans. Stay tuned.
- Donora physician, wife were victims of disaster
- Belle Vernon’s Carol Aten Frow finalist for state Teacher of the Year honor
- 3 seeking Fallowfield Township supervisor seat have different priorities
- Monongahela benefit features dancing ‘stars’
- Drug sting nets 200 pounds of marijuana, four suspects in Allenport
- Hospital reaches out to first responders
- Chaleroi Regional police officer’s girlfriend sparks drug probe
- Belle Vernon native Brian Sabol trades military career for medical field
- Former fugitives make court appearance
- Zoning restrictions threaten reopening of coke facility
- Craigslist ad leads to robbery
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.