Monongahela pair arrested on drug, child welfare charges
By The Valley Independent
Published: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Thursday, January 31, 2013
A Monongahela couple is in jail on drug charges following a visit by a parole officer.
Jeffrey M. Miller, 32, and Kellie Ann Higgins, 24, of 449 Francis Ave., were arrested shortly after 9 a.m. Tuesday. Monongahela police were called to assist a state parole officer who was there to check on Miller. Miller is currently on parole on drug charges stemming from 2008 and 2009. He was sentenced to 15 to 30 months in a state prison in November 2010 after violating probation.
When police arrived at their residence, they allegedly observed drug paraphernalia, including needles, empty stamp bags, Oxycontin pills, and a white powder substance. A young child was also in the house.
Both Miller and Higgins are charged with possession of a controlled substance, possession with intent to use drug paraphernalia, endangering the welfare of a child, and recklessly endangering another person. Police said Washington County Children and Youth Services was contacted.
They were arraigned by Monongahela Magisterial District Judge Mark Wilson and remanded to the Washington County Correctional Facility in lieu of $25,000 cash bond. They both faces preliminary hearings before Wilson at 1:30 p.m. Feb. 12.
- School board roundup: Charleroi Area School Board getting 2 new members
- Restore Charleroi slate prevails in municipal elections
- Iacoboni, Egros win Democratic nods for Rostraver commissioner race
- Candidates agree: Race still too close to call in Fallowfield Township
- Lucas, Costanzo lead ballot in Washington County
- Woman accused in Monessen man’s death to remain in jail for now
- Parking meters seen as double-edged swords
- Retirement different today
- Expressway ‘headed in the right direction’
- Monessen Dems battle for nod; Republican waiting
- Grief over fallen comrades leads Uniontown officer to compose ballad
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.