Finleyville man waives hearing on child sex charges
A Finleyville man appeared in court Wednesday on charges related to accusations that he had sex with a 15-year-old girl.
Russell William Robertson, 49, of 5141 Chevy Chase Drive, waived his right to a preliminary hearing before Centerville Magisterial District Judge Joshua Kanalis. The hearing was held in Washington County Central Court.
He was charged by Carroll Township police with four counts each of statutory sexual assault-11 years or older, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse-person substantially impaired, endangering the welfare of children, and corruption of minors.
Carroll Township Officer Mike Fendya said the victim came to the police department to report the incident on Dec. 3.
The alleged victim told Fendya that Robertson, on one or more occasions, had supplied alcoholic beverages to her and her friends to the point of them being highly intoxicated, according to the affidavit of probable cause.
The girl claims that Robertson had inappropriate sexual contact with her “while she was in an intoxicated stupor,” which included oral sex and intercourse, according to the affidavit.
On Dec. 14, the victim was interviewed at the Washington County Child Advocacy office by a caseworker where she reiterated the allegations.
Robertson remains in the Washington County Correctional Facility in lieu of $100,000 straight cash bond.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Scheduling latest problem for Mon Valley police
- Monessen police break up fight
- Dugan, Pascarella selected for IUP’s Hall of Fame
- Charleroi football player turns tragedy into triumph
- Fallowfield native dies in Nebraska crash
- Hauntings happenings take over in the Mon Valley
- Veteran from Brownsville gets proper miliary burial
- Monessen’s Castle Blood at ‘home’ in old funeral home
- Several hurt in back-to-back crashes in Rostraver
- ‘Zombie Ball’ to benefit Monessen Police K-9 units
- Questions remain in fatal Union accident