Monongahela couple to stand trial on drug charges
By The Valley Independent
Published: Friday, February 22, 2013, 12:21 a.m.
Updated: Friday, February 22, 2013
A Monongahela couple appeared in court Thursday on drug and child endangerment charges.
Jeffrey M. Miller, 32, and Kellie Ann Higgins, 24, of 449 Francis Ave., waived their rights to preliminary hearings before Monongahela Magisterial District Judge Mark Wilson.
The two were arrested Jan. 29 after Monongahela police were called to assist a state parole officer who was there to check on Miller. Miller is currently on parole on drug charges stemming from 2008 and 2009. He was sentenced to 15 to 30 months in a state prison in November 2010 after violating probation.
When police arrived at their residence, they allegedly observed drug paraphernalia, including needles, empty stamp bags, Oxycontin pills, and a white powder substance. A young child was also in the house.
Both Miller and Higgins are charged with possession of a controlled substance, possession with intent to use drug paraphernalia, endangering the welfare of a child, and recklessly endangering another person. Police said Washington County Children and Youth Services was contacted.
They are both still in the Washington County Correctional Facility. Wilson previously set bond for each at $25,000 cash.
- Alleged scrap metal thieves face trial in Monongahela
- Reward offered in Monessen pharmacy robbery
- Marcellus shale testing to start in Perry Township
- PNC Bank in Bentleyville robbed this morning
- Corrected election results from BVA, Ringgold races
- ’43 Memorial Day rites led by dedication of honor roll
- School board roundup: Charleroi Area School Board getting 2 new members
- Ringgold stays hot as election nears
- Hope rises for Mon-Fayette Expressway, Southern Beltway
- Two students win Valley Independent-Cal U awards
- Donora physician, wife were victims of disaster
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.