Fire hits Donora house
Several firefighters from around the Mon Valley were called to an abandoned structure fire at 907 McKean Ave., Donora, just after 7 p.m. Friday.
The fire inside the three-story brick house was extinguished quickly as firefighters attacked the top floor of the structure, leaving a gaping hole in the attic.
Firefighters from both Monessen companies, Carroll Township and New Eagle were called to assist Donora firefighters at the scene.
Mon Valley Emergency Medical Services and Donora police also responded.
State Police in Washington confirmed that the fire marshal was called to the scene to investigate the blaze.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Oldies concert to give Charleroi school programs a boost
- Suicide support group at Monongahela Valley Hospital looks to fill void
- Brownsville hopes grant can help launch project
- Concert, dinner set to help California minister get new liver
- Donora always welcome destination for Gantt
- Child abuse suspect apprehended, his mom charged
- Donora schedules town hall meet to tackle trash trouble
- Home health care worker assaulted in Monongahela
- Donora man apprehended after North Belle Vernon pharmacy robbery
- Donora council mediates dispute between former, current garbage haulers
- Cal U’s 22 Pushups effort draws attention to suicide by veterans