Trial set for Charleroi man accused of rape
By Chris Buckley
Published: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, March 6, 2013
Jury selection is expected to begin next week for a Charleroi man facing rape charges for a second time in the case.
Anthony Lane, 49, of 426 Fallowfield Ave., was charged in May with one count each of criminal attempt to commit rape, criminal attempt to commit sexual assault, burglary, simple assault and harassment.
According to the affidavit of probable cause, Lane allegedly broke into the victim's Charleroi home on March 4. Lane claimed that he had paid the woman for sex.
The charges were initially dropped after the victim failed to show for a preliminary hearing. But the district attorney ordered the charges re-filed after it was determined the victim was not advised of the date and time of the hearing.
After being released following the scheduled hearing April 5, Lane was arrested April 11 after he allegedly made two telephone calls to the victim, who had obtained a protection from abuse order against him.
Lane is registered with the Pennsylvania State Police under Megan's Law requirements, because he was convicted of rape elsewhere.
He is awaiting trial in the Washington County Correctional Facility where he has been held since April 20 in lieu of bonds for $100,000 and $35,000.
Chris Buckley is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-684-2642 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Charleroi boy hit by car listed in good condition
- Alleged scrap metal thieves face trial in Monongahela
- PNC Bank in Bentleyville robbed this morning
- Eight seek seats on Washington County bench
- Marcellus shale testing to start in Perry Township
- Donora physician, wife were victims of disaster
- Reward offered in Monessen pharmacy robbery
- Corrected election results from BVA, Ringgold races
- Belle Vernon native Brian Sabol trades military career for medical field
- Parking meters seen as double-edged swords
- Lucas, Costanzo lead ballot in Washington County
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.