Spring play set at Charleroi Area
Charleroi Area High School students will present the comic rock musical “Little Shop of Horrors,” this weekend for its annual spring musical.
Show times are 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday. All performances will be held in the Charleroi Area High School auditorium.
“Little Shop of Horrors” tells the story of a down-and-out skid row floral assistant who becomes an overnight sensation when he discovers an exotic plant with a craving for fresh blood.
When the man-eating plant “Audrey II” offers to make his dreams come true in exchange for food, things go awry rather quickly.
The cast comprises the following students: Andrew Miller as Seymour Krelborn; Brandi Duvuvei as Audrey; Robert Brant as Mr. Mushnik; Natalie Baker as Chiffon; Meghan Newstrom as Crystal; Abigail Smith as Ronette; Maggie Sukel, voice of Audrey II; Megan Bruce, Audrey II manipulations; Joey Papadakos as Orin Scrivello/Skip Snip/Wino; Brayden Shepherd as Narrator/Interviewer/P. Martin; Amber Angelo as Bernstein; Cassy Federer as Mrs. Luce; Rose Hawk as Customer No. 1; and Jessica McGuire as Customer No. 2.
Ensemble members are Natalie Booth, Kristen Clutter, Stephanie Luckasevic, Jessica Merando, Joel Rugg, Marcus Weaver, and Lily Wical.
Middle school ensemble comprises are: Erica Angelo, Victoria Beveridge, Hannah Kerestesi, Angel Kobaly, Veronica Kovach, Liz Muchesko, Becca Nuzzo, Jacob Popielarczyk, Madison Smith, Peyton Trollinger, Gabrielle Turosik, Larissa Usher, Lexi Weber, and Marlena Yerkey.
This year's production staff comprises director Melissa Vitali; producer/assistant director/choreographer Stacie Cifrulak; vocal director/rehearsal pianist Elizabeth Davis; orchestra director Mark Killinger; technical director /set designer/backdrop supervisor Ben McDonald; stage managers Jaron Andrechak and Emilee Marchesini; student director Robert Brant; and student choreographer Jessica Merando.
Technical crew members are Jordan Thompson, Sienna Vanicky, Anber Angelo, Lily Wical, Anna Iacovino, Corey Downes, Ashley Trinder, Sebastian Campbell, Gabby Smith, Dakota Smitley, Jordan Zajack, Jaron Andrechak, Amanda Boyd, Emilee Marchesini, Journey Ritscher, and Taylor Kalbaugh.
Tickets are $8 and can be purchased at the door beginning two hours prior to each performance.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Dedicated California educator Hasbrouck dead at 62
- Fallowfield plans meeting to reveal results of studies
- Couple puts faith in new Sutersville antiques store
- Artists paint the town in anticipation of annual Monessen exhibit
- Runners get set for Charleroi’s Little Great Race
- Minerd named AD at California Area High School
- Monessen library presenting war stories
- North Charleroi retiree spent almost 4 decades in medical profession
- Distance runners generated interest in Charleroi race long ago
- Mon Valley athletes look for continued collegiate success
- Anticipation sky high for Rostraver remote-control air show