Ringgold set to present annual spring musical
By The Valley Independent
Published: Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2013, 7:07 p.m.
Ringgold High School will present “Willy Wonka” for its annual spring musical.
Show times are set for 7 p.m. March 7 and 8, with a matinee at 2 p.m. March 9 in the Ringgold High School auditorium.
It's a sticky-sweet confection of “Pure Imagination” as the cast is preparing for Roald Dahl's timeless story of the world-famous candy maker and the quest to find an heir. The story comes to life in this musical adaptation, with classic songs from the Oscar-nominated family film.
Based on Gene Wilder's 1971 film “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory,” Willy Wonka brings the story to the stage, including favorite songs such as “Pure Imagination” and “Candy Man,” as well as new songs from Leslie Bricusse (who composed the film). Originally intended to help promote “Willy Wonka's Candy Company” the movie, adapted from Dahl's “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,” became a cult classic and has gone on to become one of the most beloved titles in the history of children's cinema.
Cast members include Jared Cummings as Mike Teavee, Sarah Krempasky as Willy Wonka, Walter Sloan as Charlie, Amanda Beradelli as Violet, Jen Bickel as Mrs. Teavee, Anthony Bottino as Augustus, Samantha Middlemiss as Veruca, Erin McDonald as Oompa Loompa, and John Ermlick as Grandpa Joe.
Along with other high school students, the cast includes extras from grades fourth through seventh at Ringgold elementary and middle schools, and Madonna Catholic Regional School.
Tickets are $8. For more information, call 724-258-2200, ext. 2131
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Shots fired, Monessen house hit on S. 14th St.
- Wanted man nearly hits cops
- Mortgages demand serious thought
- Greater Washington Food Bank gets new boss
- Charleroi robbery suspect facing trial
- Trial ordered in Charleroi child pornography case
- Belle Vernon, Ringgold coaching carousel continues
- Smoke evacuates Rostraver Kmart
- Grant helps Belle Vernon teacher build collection of Civil War artifacts
- Ozarks tournament filled with pageantry, top players in 1961
- North Charleroi man to stand trial for car thefts, arson charges