Coal Center woman charged at Cal Area middle school
Published: Friday, March 1, 2013, 1:16 a.m.
Updated: Friday, March 1, 2013
A Coal Center woman is accused of attempting to pick up her son from the California Area Middle School while under the influence of a controlled substance.
Misty L. Shider, 32, of 928 Pike Run Drive, Coal Center, along with a companion, Raymond W. Bell II, 34, of 28 Glad St., Daisytown, were both charged at 10:23 a.m. Thursday by California police for being under the influence of a controlled substance. Bell was also cited for driving without a license. Police said Shider and Bell were released to a family member. Shider's son was released to his father later in the day, police said.
- PNC Bank in Bentleyville robbed this morning
- Restore Charleroi slate prevails in municipal elections
- School board roundup: Charleroi Area School Board getting 2 new members
- Iacoboni, Egros win Democratic nods for Rostraver commissioner race
- Candidates agree: Race still too close to call in Fallowfield Township
- Lucas, Costanzo lead ballot in Washington County
- Woman accused in Monessen man’s death to remain in jail for now
- Police: Charleroi liquor store crook strikes again
- Hope rises for Mon-Fayette Expressway, Southern Beltway
- Parking meters seen as double-edged swords
- Drug sting nets 200 pounds of marijuana, four suspects in Allenport
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.