Roscoe fugitive nabbed
By The Valley Independent
Published: Saturday, March 2, 2013, 12:21 a.m.
Updated: Saturday, March 2, 2013
A Roscoe man who escaped from a police cruiser Feb. 12 was apprehended Friday.
Ramsey Hyslop, 46, of 913 Arthur St., was arrested on several drug warrants, and charges of escape and flight to avoid apprehension. He was arraigned before Magisterial District Judge Larry Hopkins in Charleroi and remanded to the Washington County Correctional Facility in lieu of $250,000 straight cash bond.
Details of his arrest were not available Friday night.
Hyslop had been on the run since RESA police arrested him Feb. 12 on outstanding warrants. Police found two bricks of heroin and drug paraphernalia on him when he was arrested.
Hyslop was handcuffed behind his back and placed in the rear of a squad car, and officers went back to question his girlfriend, Cheryl Bartus, and gather evidence.
That's when Hyslop supposedly pulled the handcuffs under his legs and in front of his body before crawling through a partition between the front and rear of the police cruiser and escaping.
Police from five municipalities and groups of firefighters searched for Hyslop for nearly four hours in Roscoe that night.
Hyslop is scheduled for a preliminary hearing 9 a.m. March 13 before Hopkins.
- School bomb threats precede stick-up at Bentleyville bank
- Alleged scrap metal thieves face trial in Monongahela
- Charleroi boy hit by car listed in good condition
- Donora physician, wife were victims of disaster
- Belle Vernon’s Carol Aten Frow finalist for state Teacher of the Year honor
- Marcellus shale testing to start in Perry Township
- ’43 Memorial Day rites led by dedication of honor roll
- Reward offered in Monessen pharmacy robbery
- Monongahela benefit features dancing ‘stars’
- Former fugitives make court appearance
- Hope rises for Mon-Fayette Expressway, Southern Beltway
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.