Car hits rig in Jefferson crash
A section of Route 201 in Jefferson Township was closed for more than an hour Friday following an accident involving a car and tractor-trailer.
The driver of the car, Albert Battaglini, was transported by ambulance to Uniontown Hospital.
A spokeswoman in the hospital emergency room declined to provide information on Battaglini's condition.
Motorist Cory Lutska said he was driving down the hill, following the rig driven by Frank Novobilsky.
He said the car driven by Battaglini veered into the southbound lane of Route 201 and struck the tractor-trailer.
According to state police, the car hit the back tire of the tractor and the front tire of the trailer.
The car spun and came to a stop in the southbound lane of Route 201.
"The guy was still conscious," Lutska said of Battaglini. "He asked where he was. He said the last thing he remembered was eating his last chicken nugget."
Fayette City fire Chief Jim Eley Jr. said Route 201 was closed to traffic at Route 51 in Perry Township. Firefighters from Fayette City, Perry Township and Grindstone were on the scene.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Many in Mon Valley made news as area prepared for past holidays
- Donora woman wins state nursing award
- Solomon Auto Group plans new Ford complex in Brownsville
- Brownsville museum a hidden gem
- Mon Valley gears up to celebrate festive 4th of July
- Donora-Webster Bridge implosion scheduled for July 1
- Charleroi man charged in pizza shop burglaries
- ‘Suspicious’ blaze in N. Belle Vernon puts cops on alert
- It’s time to take a serious look at investments