Car hits rig in Jefferson crash
By Chris Buckley
Published: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 12:26 a.m.
A section of Route 201 in Jefferson Township was closed for more than an hour Friday following an accident involving a car and tractor-trailer.
The driver of the car, Albert Battaglini, was transported by ambulance to Uniontown Hospital.
A spokeswoman in the hospital emergency room declined to provide information on Battaglini's condition.
Motorist Cory Lutska said he was driving down the hill, following the rig driven by Frank Novobilsky.
He said the car driven by Battaglini veered into the southbound lane of Route 201 and struck the tractor-trailer.
According to state police, the car hit the back tire of the tractor and the front tire of the trailer.
The car spun and came to a stop in the southbound lane of Route 201.
"The guy was still conscious," Lutska said of Battaglini. "He asked where he was. He said the last thing he remembered was eating his last chicken nugget."
Fayette City fire Chief Jim Eley Jr. said Route 201 was closed to traffic at Route 51 in Perry Township. Firefighters from Fayette City, Perry Township and Grindstone were on the scene.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Belle Vernon firefighter faces harassment charges
- Shots fired, Monessen house hit on S. 14th St.
- Alleged Charleroi mugger jailed
- Wanted suspect nearly strikes 3 police officers in Elizabeth Township
- Greater Washington Food Bank gets new boss
- Charleroi Regional makes 3 drug arrests
- Mortgages demand serious thought
- Mon/Fayette Expressway, Southern beltway must wait for highway money
- Grant helps Belle Vernon teacher build collection of Civil War artifacts
- Electric heater blamed for Charleroi house fire
- Charleroi robbery suspect facing trial