Car hits rig in Jefferson crash
By Chris Buckley
Published: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 12:26 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, March 19, 2013
A section of Route 201 in Jefferson Township was closed for more than an hour Friday following an accident involving a car and tractor-trailer.
The driver of the car, Albert Battaglini, was transported by ambulance to Uniontown Hospital.
A spokeswoman in the hospital emergency room declined to provide information on Battaglini's condition.
Motorist Cory Lutska said he was driving down the hill, following the rig driven by Frank Novobilsky.
He said the car driven by Battaglini veered into the southbound lane of Route 201 and struck the tractor-trailer.
According to state police, the car hit the back tire of the tractor and the front tire of the trailer.
The car spun and came to a stop in the southbound lane of Route 201.
"The guy was still conscious," Lutska said of Battaglini. "He asked where he was. He said the last thing he remembered was eating his last chicken nugget."
Fayette City fire Chief Jim Eley Jr. said Route 201 was closed to traffic at Route 51 in Perry Township. Firefighters from Fayette City, Perry Township and Grindstone were on the scene.
- Secretary hired in Charleroi
- Area vice squad on alert
- Charleroi Regional cop may be put back on the work schedule
- Interest in Jack the Ripper inspires California writer’s novel
- Landmark Fallowfield DQ has new owners
- Boatman: When will ‘easing’ end?
- Yough students learn lessons in the great outdoors
- West Newton judge delays hearing in wild chase, theft case
- Belle Vernon Area will refinance bond issue
- Youth, civic groups clean up Monessen streets
- Bandalo remains devoted to Mon Valley Youth and Teen
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Was he searching for another nugget? Or just not paying attention to his driving.